Build a Cryptocurrency
Who hasn’t heard about it. Cryptocurrencies are the new way to pay online or even in shops. Before this new technology can one day replace our traditional ways of paying, knowing how a cryptocurrency works is fundamental. Come join our course on cryptocurrencies, where you’ll learn how to build one on your own.
Out of stock
Sorry, the course is fully booked. If you are interested in getting notified for future dates, please leave your name and email address below
April 27, 2022
May 11, 2022
Language(s) of the training
Languages spoken by the coach(es)
This course is designed for participants wishing to gain a deeper insight in blockchain based cryptocurrency technologies. In this course the inner workings of cryptocurrencies are imparted through implementing a simple cryptocurrency in Rust. Because of its memory safety and concurrency guaranties, Rust is one of today’s first choice for implementing crypto wallets and crypto mining software. All concepts are explained through step by step live coding. As Rust’s basic syntax is very similar to C and Java, the code samples are easy to understand, even without previous knowledge in Rust. Additional beginner exercises help you to take the first steps in Rust.
- Understand the basic inner workings of cryptocurrencies.
- Relate to Rust’s security properties to the requirements of crypto wallets and mining software.
- Explain the difference between a cryptocurrency and a central bank (digital) currency.
- Name and explain the following concepts and relates them to existing cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin:
- Motivation, why cryptocurrencies in Rust?
- Blockchain. Definition and usage examples.
- Block, hash, hashing blocks.
- Consensus algorithms, mining.
- Validating a blockchain.
- Transactions, overspending, double spending, impersonation.
- Distributed ledger, adding transactions.
- Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) vs Cryptocurreny.
Format and Location
This course takes place ON-SITE
Terres Rouges building
14, porte de France
Open Space - 5th floor
Proficiency in one high level compiled programming language: e.g. C, C++, Java, Rust or others
- The training material is in English and most of the communication will happen in English as well.
- You can bring your teen at the same time. Check out our AI training for teens.
This training does not have any assessment or exams; a certificate of participation will be issued to participants.